The ideal candidate would be able to perform the following tasks:
- Analyze, map and migrate data from one system to another
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Assisting in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Consult with administrators to propose solutions to information systems problems.
- Oracle Forms and PL/SQL development.
- Oracle Forms, PL/SQL and data analysis.
- Participate in the development of standards and in-house training materials for other program staff.
- Perform technology and architecture upgrades to ensure the stability of applications in the DEP portfolio.
- Provide application maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency’s business applications.
- Provide development support to the Application Maintenance Services (AMS) Team.
- Provide maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency’s Java applications
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior programmers and staff.
- Provide policy, procedures and application specific information to other developers when requested.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in PHP
- 4+ years’ experience in Classic ASP
- 6+ years’ experience with Oracle Forms and PL/SQL
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience developing web services (preferably RESTful web services)
Experience using Agile development practices, specifically SCRUM and Kanban